viernes, 22 de mayo de 2015

The Fool in the Hill

Once, as an adolescent, I gave a few coins to an old blind man with white hair sitting in a bench, in a very strange manner, since he was sitting in a place where there was no one around and also late at night, why was he there? Who could pass here to give him something? And the place was at the very edge of the little city of Los Mochis, so I kept walking and left him behind, but after a few steps, i stopped, and said to myself, "no go back and give him something", so I turned around and gave him something like 5 dlls and walked away, I  felt good after doing that, and that simple action, I think, changed my destiny, sometime after that, I had a strange longing, that feeling that we all get, or do we all get? Anyway, I heard and followed that inner voice and my life turned into a quest at that very early age, first I found out that you could fly, but I didn’t know how, I was not surrounded by that kind of people that take this kind of heights, so I kept an eye open for anything that could show me how to fly, and with time, little by little, I realized that there were amazing beings that could actually fly, I knew Jesus was definitely one of them, but at the same time, all the things that surrounded Jesus were to my appreciation  kind of blurry. Other beings started showing the path of that infinite blue skys where you could open your wings and just fly away, as high as you can, one was Carlos Castaneda and his Don Juan so I read him, then that movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull, showing me again that we were like those seagulls trapped in a very low flight, I need to thank Leon Tolstoy, Yogi Ramacharaka Ghandi whom I read and inspired me, as well as Susuki the Japanese zen Master, Gurdjieff and finally, Yogi Bhajan, whom I personally met, and I said, Oh, this man flies, he really does, may be even better that what  the Don Juan shows in Castaaneda's books, so I hung around him, I wanted to fly like him, and like Don Juan, like that bird, Jonathan Livingston Seagull. But anytime I tried to take a leap and fly, I would hit myself against the ground over and over, when at the same time, people who didn’t know how to fly, kept laughing at me and judging me as a real fool, because I kept trying, and trying, I busted and hurt all of my body, then I found other people that wanted to walk along with me in the path of life I had chosen, but, then they also left me behind, because, they thought, he wants to fly, but doesn’t know how, he’s just a fool, may be they were right, they didn’t want to end their lives with patches on their heads, like the fool in the hill, that Beatles song, and I got broken wings, and at times the wounds were deep and I stopped trying to learn how to fly. He’s nothing, my enemies would say, he’s just a fool, the fool in the hill, but then again at one point in life, I actually flew, I could not control myself, but flew, and it was nice, the feeling was great, so I never gave up on me trying to learn how to fly, people would say, no no no, you are going the wrong way, but then again, I stopped, again I was already believing that I was just a fool, Americans would say that I was brown and of a lower race, they didn’t believe in me, and also the rich and powerful, they would say, he doesn’t have a penny, he’s just so poor he’s an idiot, and mexicans used to say in those days " a que le tiras cuando sueñas mexicano" translated means you can dream because you are mexican, but then, that magical being that was Yogi Bhajan would come and say, no no no, YOU CAN FLY, I believe in you, I will always be here to show you, keep trying, so that was the struggle, once I got a little diploma after teaching some people that wanted to learn also, so I got it for just being a tryer I guess, so it was a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Diploma, may be the first diploma we ever invented in 3HO, not like those diplomas people get now, they were born in Guadalajara Jalisco, I think, Yogi Bhajan sent us a video congratulating us for giving a training course, and they made these diplomas and I got one, to be honest, none of my friends ever wanted a diploma, all of my 3ho friends they all wanted to fly, not to get a “piece of paper” as once Yogi Bhajan told me, he said, I want to make you a Singh Sahib, you know this is like a minister title, and I said what? On no, I don’t want that, since most of the Singh Sahibs I knew didn’t know how to fly either, he read my mind and said, “Oh it’s OK is just a piece of paper” so I never cared for any diplomas and also because Yogi Bhajan used to say, if you say you are my student, they should cut you in a thousand pieces and each peace must say “Kundalini Yoga” so that kind of a threat was too much of a burden, we all, at the same time, wanted to go around the bushes and avoid the hard discipline, and still do, there’s always a resistance, that little ego in us that doesn’t want to give up, so, in my story, each day is an opportunity to fly and to shine, that’s why I got that name Ravi, which means sun, so anytime I am in duality, I look towards the sun and say, “I am that” and my face changes, and still believe in the magic of flying, I will die that way. aftyer years have passed, my mind is diferent now, my mind recognnizes the infinity in me, and at a flip of  comand, it touches the Infinite One and I feel as one and conected, it was all worthed, "Dios y yo somos Uno, God and me, are One" Sat Nam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3IcJP8PTc The Beatles The Fool On The Hill subtitulada en español YOUTUBE.COM

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario